- Hits: 33
Children’s Mental Health Week runs until Sunday.
And we’re sharing seven super tips on how you can help your little cherubs cope with the strains lockdown can place upon their young shoulders.
- Listen – Ask them how they are feeling and listen to what they have to say.
- Support – There have been difficult times for all children during lockdown, so remember a supportive word can go a long way.
- Involve – Stay involved in what they are doing and show interest in their activities and opinions.
- Serious – Show their feelings matter by taking what they say seriously.
- Routine – Build and keep to a positive routine. Be that around bedtime, playtime or when home school starts.
- Active – It’s very beneficial for children’s mental health for them to stay physically active.
- Love – Remember this quote: ‘The child that has unconditional love has the greatest gift the world can offer.’
We hope you found those tips useful.
At Henley Homes we’re proud to support Children’s Mental Health Week.
- Hits: 32
In this three-minute read, we look at the parallels between home-schooling and selling your home.
If you’re a parent working from home and managing childcare commitments, we salute you. It’s not easy dashing from one task to the next in what feels like a never-ending lockdown juggling act – but there is a bright side.
- Hits: 32
They rarely agree about anything, but MPs from different parties were singing from the same hymn sheet during this afternoon’s virtual House of Commons debate around extending the Stamp Duty holiday.
The debate was triggered by an online public petition that wants to see a six-month extension to the existing deadline of 31 March.
And nearly every MP who spoke during the 70-minute discussion favoured adding at least a further six months or staggering the deadline so that more people can benefit from the tax break.
How has today’s debate impacted sellers and buyers in Sutton and Cheam ?
To be honest, nothing has changed, but the pressure is building on the treasury to act, mainly because the property market generates enormous tax income and millions of pounds worth of home sales are in the balance.
We’re now all playing a game of wait and see until Wednesday 3 March when the Chancellor Rishi Sunak will reveal the Government’s decision.
If you have any questions about the Stamp Duty holiday and what it means to your moving plans, contact us on 0203 873 2700
- Hits: 41
This article discovers there are levels to lockdown boredom and shares with you the World's most boring museum, film, town, and date. A surprisingly interesting 3-minute read.
At Henley Homes we're an optimistic bunch and see the lockdown across Sutton and Cheam as being safe at home rather than stuck indoors.
Yes, it can be boring at times, especially when the weather is bad. But nowadays we have plenty of digital distractions at our fingerprints.
And we've made use of some of our own spare time to compile a list of the World's most boring film, date, city, and museum.
- Hits: 39
In this two-minute read, we look at seven reasons people in SM2 are upping sticks and moving out, on, and upwards.
Over the years, we have helped hundreds of people across Sutton and Cheam move home successfully.
The reasons why people move are varied, but in our experience, they tend to be one of the seven ‘L’s.